ADA Moss Bag – Taxiphyllum sp. ‘Spiky Moss’ with Magic Moss Cotton
A convenient moss bag with just enough Moss and Moss Cotton for a complete set-up.
Taxiphyllum sp. “Spiky” is one of the few aquarium mosses that can grow both underwater and on a damp substrate.
The trade names “spiky moss” and “peacock moss” were first used in Asia to describe this thickly branching beautiful aquarium moss. It has recently gained popularity in aquarium hobby around the world and is now widely accessible in retailers.
Spiky moss produces highly branched shoots that grow horizontally to ascending and are heavily flattened underwater, like fir branches. It has a medium green tone to it.
Taxiphyllum sp. “Pointed moss” is a popular aquarium moss because of its quick growth and attractive appearance. It grows best when it is attached to roots, wood, or stones.
Ways to use
- Put a thin layer of moss on driftwood and wind using the moss cotton.
- You can do the same on a stone as well.
- Use Terra tapa (sold separately) and tie on driftwood and immerse in water
- A great option for low-maintenance aquariums.
- Low light or high Light – CO₂ or no CO₂, – Cold or tropical. Spiky Moss grows in most environments!